Coconut Yam And Potato Curry Recipe
Here is a delicious Ayurvedic recipe that has some nutritious earth elements and can be very grounding and balancing.
This one can be very warming and is especially good on a cold winter day.
Ingredients & Materials (serves 2-3 people):
1 small to medium yam (Chopped into small cubes or pieces)
1 small to medium potato (Chopped into small cubes or pieces)
2 pinches of fennel seed powder
1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
2 pinches of cardamom powder
1 teaspoon of grated ginger
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of coriander seeds
1/4 teaspoon of cumin powder
2 tablespoons of finely grated coconut shreds
1/4 cup of raw or slightly roasted cashews (optional)
1 cup of fresh coconut milk
2 tablespoons of ghee
Method & Procedure:
1. Warm up the ghee on medium heat and sauté the coriander seeds, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, fennel, and salt.
2. After you smell the aromas add the ginger and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato and yam and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes
4. Add the coconut milk and simmer until the potatoes are slightly soft
5. Turn off the heat and add the coconut and cashews.
6. Add a dash of black pepper to finish.
7. Garnish with Cilantro
A delicious Ayurvedic curry recipe
image courtesy of the pinkpeppercorn