Blueberry Bran Muffins – Ayurvedic Recipe – Ayurvedic Diet
These healthy muffins can be enjoyed almost any time of the day but in Ayurveda they are best eaten at breakfast time with some fruit.
They are a lovely treat that can be eaten on their own or with a glass of warm milk for a nice meal.
These Ayurvedic muffins have no yeast, are full of fiber and are easily digested.
Adding other combination of fruit can give it additional nutritional value.
They are also a excellent alternative to those other desserts that are often full of excess sugar. The Molasses give it a nice sweet taste. Enjoy.
Prep time: 5 min Active cooking time: 15 min Total time to make: 20 min
Serves: up to 12 people – 1 muffin
- 1 cup of wheat bran
- 1 and 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of blueberries ( use raisins as a substitute)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda (aluminum & corn free)
- 3/4 cup of whole milk or butter milk
- 1/2 cup molasses (organic and unsulphered)
- 2 tablespoons of agave or maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil (unrefined)
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce as an egg replace
*use fresh organic ingredients if possible
Preparation & Cooking Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Stir and mix the bran, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Stir in blueberries and set aside.
3. Blend the milk, molasses, oil and applesauce.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until moistened.
5. Spoon into 12 greased muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes at 400ºF or until a tooth pick comes out clean.